Answers to Treasure Trivia Quiz #4
6 DEGREES OF TREASURE TRIVIA #4: (Answers)
1. The following is heard in this film:
"I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kinda' lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
Can you name the film?
2. Before delivering the speech above, we can see a theatre marquee displaying the name of a film the actor previously directed. In addition, the director of film #1 appears as one of the characters in this film (on the marquee).
Name the actor who makes the above speech and the film on the marquee he previously directed before appearing in film #1.
Clint Eastwood / Play Misty For Me
(the Director of Dirty Harry played Murphy, a bartender in Eastwood's directorial film debut)
3. In a documentary about film #1 Arnold Schwarzenegger states that when the scene above takes place the character is eating a hamburger before and during some of the ensuing mayhem.
Is he right?
No. He's eating a hot dog.
4. The director of film #1 made another film directly after this one that cast 6 of the same actors (including the director himself) appearing in film #1. Listed below are the actors (in bold) who appeared in both films next to the parts they played in film #1:
1. Andy Robinson as "Scorpio"
2. John Vernon as The Mayor
3. Woodrow Parfrey as Jaffe (food vendor)
4. Albert Popwell as a bank robber
5. James Nolan as a liquor store owner
6. (the director) as a passerby (title character's vehicle)
Listed below are the 6 character parts played (in no particular order) by the actors above in the same director's subsequent film:
Murphy (plays table tennis and gets beaten)
Maynard Boyle (Boss to Harold Young)
Unnamed (Clerk in a store the title character visits)
Percy Randolph (has his car repossessed)
Harmon Sullivan (a bank robber)
Harold Young (bank manager)
Can you name the film subsequently directed by film #1's director, the director himself and match the parts listed in the director's subsequent film to the actors who played them (listed above the parts in bold)?
The director of Dirty Harry and Charley Varrick is Don Siegel
Murphy (plays table tennis and gets beaten) in Charley Varrick is played by director Siegel (who played a passerby in Dirty Harry)
Maynard Boyle (Boss to Harold Young) in Charley Varrick is played by John Vernon (who played The Mayor in Dirty Harry)
The unnamed clerk who works in a store Varrick visits in Charley Varrick is played by James Nolan (who played the liquor store owner in Dirty Harry)
Percy Randolph (has his car repossessed) in Charley Varrick is played by Albert Popwell (who played a bank robber in Dirty Harry)
Harmon Sullivan (a bank robber) in Charley Varrick is played by Andy Robinson (who played Scorpio in Dirty Harry)
Harold Young (bank manager) in Charley Varrick is played by Woodrow Parfrey (who played Jaffe the food vendor in Dirty Harry)
5. The same director and star of film #1 made 4 other films together.
Can you name the other 4?
Coogan's Bluff, Two Mules For Sister Sarah, The Beguiled and Escape From Alcatraz
6. The setting for film #1 is San Francisco. The same star plays a cop for the same director in their first film working together. In their debut working relationship, this actor has to travel to a different city (other than San Francisco) to extradite a prisoner.
Can you name the pair's first film working together and name the city that the main character travels to, that most of the story takes place in?
New York City